- Published: 27 November 2019 27 November 2019
- Last Updated: 27 January 2020 27 January 2020
The 2020 AGM will be held on 26th January at the usual venue, Hatfield Peverel Village Hall.
You can find the "Pre65 - AGM Notice and Proxy - January 2020.pdf" on the Newletter page (under News, please note you need to be logged in as a member to see the download section). Please follow instructions contained in the document if you want to submit a proxy vote at the AGM.
The address for the AGM is Hatfield Peverel, Chelmsford, CM3 2HW
The meeting will start promptly at 10:30 so please be on time.
- Published: 14 December 2018 14 December 2018
- Last Updated: 25 February 2019 25 February 2019
Registered users can read and download the minutes from the 2019 AGM under the heading News then Newsletter.
- Published: 25 November 2019 25 November 2019
- Last Updated: 28 November 2019 28 November 2019
Are you going to the Telford Classic Dirt Bike Show on 15th or 16th February? If you are, could you help out on the Pre65 Club stand?
We need volunteers to man the Pre65 Club stand for an hour or two to give the regular team a break. We have had a stand at the show for the past 2 years to promote Our Club, but it seems like the same people who turn out for every event. We need a few new faces to help keep our club going.
You will only be expected to answer simple questions by the public, hand out membership forms etc. This will encourage new members and will get more people to come to our scramble meetings. If you have attended any of our meetings, as a rider, marshall or spectator, you will know what to say. If in doubt you can always direct them to the Club website, www.pre65.co.uk
Please contact Lesley Willmore on 07971266167 for more details.
- Published: 24 November 2018 24 November 2018
- Last Updated: 24 November 2018 24 November 2018
- Published: 14 October 2019 14 October 2019
- Last Updated: 19 October 2019 19 October 2019
by Callum Wallis
Bit of an iffy start to the day due to crap weather and more rain forecast made for an iffy atmosphere and track conditions. There were a few notable absences which was probably due to the weather not looking good and the way the weather has been all week. The track was muddy and slippery in various places which made for a less than promising practice for most riders as riders either slid off or struggled getting up the hills on the track.
The workers race for people who helped set the track up during the week in the absolute appalling conditions was won by Matt McCulloch on his CZ 2 stroke.
- Published: 23 November 2017 23 November 2017
- Last Updated: 05 November 2019 05 November 2019
Please ensure you have the correct number plate colour and race number colour on your bike for every meeting. These will be checked during technical inspection.
The colours are:
- Pre 60 bikes - white background with black numbers
- Pre 65 bikes - black background with white numbers
- Pre 68 bikes - blue background with white numbers
- Pre74 bikes (1968-1973) - red background with white numbers
This is as per the AMCA rule book.
- Published: 29 May 2019 29 May 2019
- Last Updated: 11 June 2019 11 June 2019
We were blessed with good fortune throughout the preparation and running of last weekends meeting. Fortunate in that we had an enthusiastic work party assemble on Saturday who threw themselves at erecting the track and also a passionate chairman. He journeyed all the way home to collect his tractor and bowser and then spent the evening and early morning damping down the bone hard ground. Boy didn’t it make conditions far more enjoyable for competitors and spectators alike. Even Di came out of retirement to welcome a host of visitors keen to witness proceedings.
Dave Savill had organised nine marshals for us prior to the occasion so, come nine thirty the Chief Marshal was giving out his instructions and Practise was underway around 9.45.
Racing commenced with all classes keenly contested throughout the first session. The John Waylett trophy went to Ray Wood aboard his Challenger with Steve Billot second and a young upstart by the name of Pete Griffiths third. Most fitting as, like the patron of the Trophy who owned one, he was aboard a Maico.
- Published: 29 January 2017 29 January 2017
- Last Updated: 03 April 2017 03 April 2017
There are still some folk out there who have reregistered here on the Pre-65 Club website but for some reason haven't yet logged in.
This is probably due to the activation email sent to you getting lost somewhere / sent to spam folder (dig it out and white list it) / or the email address entered was incorrect - and for anyone with an AOL email address it would never have gotten to you due to an AOL quirk.
I have manually activated the following list of folk so anyone spotting themselves please try logging in with the details you entered when registering.
- Published: 15 April 2019 15 April 2019
- Last Updated: 25 April 2019 25 April 2019
To comply with the AMCA rulebook every rider must have a 2kg fire extinguisher in their vehicle.
AMCA stewards will be performing random checks throughout the year so please ensure you have an extinguisher at every meeting. Also consider displaying it in a prominent position to help the stewards and make it easy to find in an emergancy.
- Published: 20 January 2017 20 January 2017
- Last Updated: 05 February 2017 05 February 2017
Thanks to you all and the generous top up from one of the landowners to make it a round £2000 for the Great Ormond Street Hospital, one of the world's leading children's hospitals.