- Published: 17 March 2020 17 March 2020
- Last Updated: 17 March 2020 17 March 2020
In line with recent Government announcements about the COVID-19 outbreak, it would be very unwise to run the 12th April, 3rd May, 24th May events.
With the TT and the VMCC runs/meetings cancelled until the end of May we all need to do our part to protect people as much as possible. Cancelling these events is the best way we can do that.
We will be regularly reviewing situation as nobody knows how long the COVID-19 threat will be with us. The committee will keep up to date with the advice from the Government, including briefings from the Prime Minister, Chief Medical Officer and Chief Scientific Officer, and update the Club website as new information becomes available.
- Published: 24 November 2018 24 November 2018
- Last Updated: 24 November 2018 24 November 2018
- Published: 14 October 2019 14 October 2019
- Last Updated: 19 October 2019 19 October 2019
by Callum Wallis
Bit of an iffy start to the day due to crap weather and more rain forecast made for an iffy atmosphere and track conditions. There were a few notable absences which was probably due to the weather not looking good and the way the weather has been all week. The track was muddy and slippery in various places which made for a less than promising practice for most riders as riders either slid off or struggled getting up the hills on the track.
The workers race for people who helped set the track up during the week in the absolute appalling conditions was won by Matt McCulloch on his CZ 2 stroke.
- Published: 23 November 2017 23 November 2017
- Last Updated: 05 November 2019 05 November 2019
Please ensure you have the correct number plate colour and race number colour on your bike for every meeting. These will be checked during technical inspection.
The colours are:
- Pre 60 bikes - white background with black numbers
- Pre 65 bikes - black background with white numbers
- Pre 68 bikes - blue background with white numbers
- Pre74 bikes (1968-1973) - red background with white numbers
This is as per the AMCA rule book.
- Published: 29 May 2019 29 May 2019
- Last Updated: 11 June 2019 11 June 2019
We were blessed with good fortune throughout the preparation and running of last weekends meeting. Fortunate in that we had an enthusiastic work party assemble on Saturday who threw themselves at erecting the track and also a passionate chairman. He journeyed all the way home to collect his tractor and bowser and then spent the evening and early morning damping down the bone hard ground. Boy didn’t it make conditions far more enjoyable for competitors and spectators alike. Even Di came out of retirement to welcome a host of visitors keen to witness proceedings.
Dave Savill had organised nine marshals for us prior to the occasion so, come nine thirty the Chief Marshal was giving out his instructions and Practise was underway around 9.45.
Racing commenced with all classes keenly contested throughout the first session. The John Waylett trophy went to Ray Wood aboard his Challenger with Steve Billot second and a young upstart by the name of Pete Griffiths third. Most fitting as, like the patron of the Trophy who owned one, he was aboard a Maico.
- Published: 29 January 2017 29 January 2017
- Last Updated: 03 April 2017 03 April 2017
There are still some folk out there who have reregistered here on the Pre-65 Club website but for some reason haven't yet logged in.
This is probably due to the activation email sent to you getting lost somewhere / sent to spam folder (dig it out and white list it) / or the email address entered was incorrect - and for anyone with an AOL email address it would never have gotten to you due to an AOL quirk.
I have manually activated the following list of folk so anyone spotting themselves please try logging in with the details you entered when registering.
- Published: 15 April 2019 15 April 2019
- Last Updated: 25 April 2019 25 April 2019
To comply with the AMCA rulebook every rider must have a 2kg fire extinguisher in their vehicle.
AMCA stewards will be performing random checks throughout the year so please ensure you have an extinguisher at every meeting. Also consider displaying it in a prominent position to help the stewards and make it easy to find in an emergancy.
- Published: 20 January 2017 20 January 2017
- Last Updated: 05 February 2017 05 February 2017
Thanks to you all and the generous top up from one of the landowners to make it a round £2000 for the Great Ormond Street Hospital, one of the world's leading children's hospitals.
- Published: 14 December 2018 14 December 2018
- Last Updated: 25 February 2019 25 February 2019
Registered users can read and download the minutes from the 2019 AGM under the heading News then Newsletter.
- Published: 17 January 2017 17 January 2017
- Last Updated: 05 February 2017 05 February 2017
The Pre 65 Motocross Club is in need of a volunteer/volunteers willing to act as Chief Marshal for each of our events this year.
No event can take place without a Chief Marshal.