- Published: 19 March 2019 19 March 2019
- Last Updated: 19 March 2019 19 March 2019
As most people attending the first meeting of the 2019 season (Marks Tey on 17th March), will know, Chris Hardy had a particularly dramatic crash on his Montessa Cappra 250 while running in the Pre74 Class. After leaving the ground on one of the jumps, his fork bottoms and front wheel left company with his bike! Chris was immediately attended by the on-track medics before the ambulance service took over and whisked him off to Colchester Hospital.
His brother, Ed, who was riding in the same race, has since got in touch with an update on Chris’s condition.
Hi all. I'm happy to be able to update you on Chris Hardy's (No. 278) condition today. He did break a couple of vertebrae in his neck with potentially serious consequences, but the excellent trackside care and subsequent hospital care at Colchester and Ipswich hospitals means he's going to make a full recovery. He had an operation yesterday to pin the worst of the two breaks, and I spoke to him post op and he's in great spirits. He opened one eye, looked at me and said 'Have you booked Maylandsea?', which is a great sign!
The whole family want to thank the Pre65 Club, the superb trackside medics and the great trauma teams at Colchester and Ipswich for keeping him safe and fixing him up. And big thanks also to Dave Austin for coming to visit him in hospital, Chris really appreciated it.
See you at Maylandsea, thanks again.
- Published: 06 February 2019 06 February 2019
- Last Updated: 02 March 2019 02 March 2019
- Published: 21 November 2018 21 November 2018
- Last Updated: 03 March 2019 03 March 2019
The Pre65 Motocross Club is pleased to announce there will be a Pre68 over 350cc Championship in 2019
TDS Classic Off Road Motorcycles will be running and sponsoring the Championship this year.
For the riders, as per AMCA rules the Pre68 number boards should be Blue background with White numbers.
Note change from 23 June to 16 June 2019 at Marks Tey.
Sunday March 17th - Marks Tey
Sunday April 21st - Maylandsea
Sunday May 5th - Maylandsea
Sunday May 26th - Marks Tey
Sunday June 16th - Marks Tey
Sunday July 21st - Benington Lordship
Sunday August 4th - Gosfield
Sunday August 25th - Maylandsea
Sunday September 22nd - Maylandsea
Sunday October 13th - Marks Tey
Sunday November 3rd - Marks Tey
Fixtures now confirmed with the AMCA for 2019.
A full list of AMCA Classic Fixtures can be found at: www.amca.uk.com
- Published: 24 January 2019 24 January 2019
- Last Updated: 24 January 2019 24 January 2019
Diane has announced her ‘Retirement from Gate Duties’ starting this 2019 season - a Big ‘Thank You’ from the Pre65 Club for all her Gate Duties efforts over many seasons!
However, now looking for a new/replacement Volunteer applicant/s:
Gate Duty hours: 09:00 – 14:30 (approx.)
Any interested applicants, please contact a Member of Pre65 Committee.
- Published: 23 November 2017 23 November 2017
- Last Updated: 21 November 2018 21 November 2018
UPDATED for 2019
Further to the classics meeting at the AMCA in November we have been asked to enforce the number plate colouring on your bikes from the first meeting next year giving you plenty of time to get it right.
The colours are:
- Pre 60 bikes - white background with black numbers
- Pre 65 bikes - black background with white numbers
- Pre 68 bikes - blue background with white numbers
- Pre74 bikes (1968-1973) - red background with white numbers
This is as per the rule book. We will be checking at scrutineering in March.
- Published: 14 December 2018 14 December 2018
- Last Updated: 25 February 2019 25 February 2019
Registered users can read and download the minutes from the 2019 AGM under the heading News then Newsletter.
- Published: 21 November 2017 21 November 2017
- Last Updated: 21 November 2017 21 November 2017
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Pre-65 Motocross Club Ltd will take place at 10.30am on Sunday 28th January 2018 at the Hatfield Peveral Village Hall, Maldon Road, Hatfield Peveral, Essex CM3 2HP to transact the following ordinary business.
- Published: 29 January 2017 29 January 2017
- Last Updated: 03 April 2017 03 April 2017
There are still some folk out there who have reregistered here on the Pre-65 Club website but for some reason haven't yet logged in.
This is probably due to the activation email sent to you getting lost somewhere / sent to spam folder (dig it out and white list it) / or the email address entered was incorrect - and for anyone with an AOL email address it would never have gotten to you due to an AOL quirk.
I have manually activated the following list of folk so anyone spotting themselves please try logging in with the details you entered when registering.
- Published: 24 November 2018 24 November 2018
- Last Updated: 24 November 2018 24 November 2018
- Published: 20 January 2017 20 January 2017
- Last Updated: 05 February 2017 05 February 2017
Thanks to you all and the generous top up from one of the landowners to make it a round £2000 for the Great Ormond Street Hospital, one of the world's leading children's hospitals.